It shall be unlawful for any person granted a private club license by the State of Kansas to sell or serve any alcoholic liquor authorized by such license within the city without first obtaining a local license from the city clerk

(a)   There is hereby levied a biennial license fee on each private club located in the city which has a private club license issued by the state director of alcoholic beverage control, which fee shall be paid before business is begun under an original state license and within five days after any renewal of a state license. The biennial city license fee for a private club shall be $400.00.

(b)   All applications for new or renewal city licenses shall be submitted to the city clerk. Upon presentation of a state license, payment of the city license fee and the license application, the city clerk shall issue a city license for the period covered by the state license, if there are no conflicts with any zoning or alcoholic beverage ordinances of the city.

(c)   The license period shall extend for the period covered by the state license. No license fee shall be refunded for any reason.

(d)   Every licensee shall cause the city club license to be placed in plain view next to or below the state license in a conspicuous place on the licensed premises.

(K.S.A. 41-2622; Code 2016)

(a)   No club licensed hereunder shall allow the serving, mixing or consumption of alcoholic liquor on its premises between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on any day.

(b)   Cereal malt beverages may be sold on premises licensed for the retail sale of cereal malt beverages for on-premises consumption at any time when alcoholic liquor is allowed by law to be served on the premises.

(c)   No club membership shall be sold to any person under twenty-one (21) years of age, nor shall alcoholic beverages or cereal malt beverages be given, sold or traded to any person under twenty-one (21) years of age.

(K.S.A. Supp. 41-2614; Code 2016)

(a)   Except with regard to serving of alcoholic liquor or cereal malt beverage as permitted by K.S.A. 41-308a, 41-308b, 41-2610 or 41-2704, and amendments thereto no person under 21 years of age shall possess consume, obtain, purchase or attempt to obtain or purchase alcoholic liquor or cereal malt beverage except as authorized by law.

(b)   In addition to any other penalty provided for in Section 3-208, the court may order the offender to do either or both of the following:

(1)   Perform Forty (40) hours of public service; or

(2)   Attend and satisfactorily complete a suitable educational or training program dealing with the effects of alcohol or other chemical substances when ingested by humans.

(c)   This section shall not apply to the possession and consumption of cereal malt beverage by a person under the legal age for consumption of cereal malt beverage when such possession and consumption is permitted and supervised, and such beverage is furnished, by the person’s parent or legal guardian.