(a) There is hereby created and established a Housing Rehabilitation Advisory Board (hereinafter called the Board) to serve the Governing Body of the City of Minneapolis, which Board shall have the functions, duties, and authority prescribed herein.
(b) The Board shall consist of three (3) members to be appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the Governing Body. All members shall be residents in the City and shall serve for the duration of the City's CDBG, No 16-HR-002. Any vacancies, which occur during the term of said Grant, may be filled for the remaining term by appointment by the Mayor with the consent of the Governing Body. All members of the Board shall serve without pay.
(c) The Board shall have the following functions, duties, and authority:
(1) Serve as an advisory group for the CDBG housing grant.
(2) Assist in the development of the City's housing/demolition plan
(3) Recommend changes in program guidelines to the Governing Body
(4) Review and accept the work write-up for each individual dwelling
(5) Analyze contractor bid(s) for conformance and cost.
(6) Recommend bid award(s) to the Governing Body
(7) Act as a complaint and appeal resolution panel in accordance with the complaint procedure documented in the Minneapolis Housing/Demolition Plan.
(d) The Board shall elect a Chairman and Vice-Chairman, who shall serve for the duration of this CDBG Housing Rehabilitation Grant.
(e) The Board shall determine meeting times and places. Special meetings may be held on call of the Chairman. A majority of the Board shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business. The Board shall cause a proper record to be kept of its proceedings.